I’ve released RGeo 0.3.3. This is a bug fix release with several important fixes, and upgrading is highly recommended.
- The WKRep WKT parser recognizes MultiPoint WKTs in which individual points are not contained in parens. This syntax is technically incorrect, but we are now supporting it because there was some ambiguity due to an error in early versions of the spec, and apparently there are now examples in the wild. (Reported by J Smith.)
- The Geos CAPI implementation sometimes returned the wrong result from
- Fixed a hang when validating certain projected linestrings. (Patch contributed by Toby Rahilly.)
- Several rdoc updates (including a contribution by Andy Allan).
- Separated declarations and code in the C extensions to avert warnings on some compilers.
RGeo is a spatial data library for Ruby, providing full implementations of the standard spatial data types. It is the basis for a suite of useful gems for writing geospatial applications in Ruby and Rails. For more information, see the documentation at http://virtuoso.rubyforge.org/rgeo/README_rdoc.html.